Ensuring that we provide a safe and healthy environment for those who work and live at our communities is our greatest concern. Albright Care Services, together with Asbury Communities, continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and would like to share the following with you about our efforts.
Effective immediately, Normandie Ridge will restrict visitation across our entire campus as required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Based on federal guidance, no visitor will be permitted into our community except for certain compassionate care situations, such as an end-of-life situation. In addition to restricting visitation to reduce the risk of illness on our campus, we are also closing the dining rooms until further notice. Please see the list below for important prevention measures also in place within our community.
We understand that connecting with loved ones is incredibly important, and there are a variety of other ways you might consider connecting with them. These may include telephone, email, text, or through Skype or Facebook. Let us know how we can help facilitate communication.
Our Response: Normandie Ridge continues to follow recommendations from the CMS, CDC, state and local health departments. Our campus leadership teams are in regular communication with the Asbury Communities Clinical Team, so that we may stay on top of any new developments and prepare accordingly. The coronavirus situation is a dynamic one. We remain committed to updating our precautions as appropriate to minimize the spread of the virus – and to updating our communications regarding our response. For full details and communications we have shared with residents and associates, please see the Asbury Coronavirus Communications Hub, which is updated regularly.
The measures we are taking for coronavirus are similar to those already in place for influenza, with these additions:
- Normandie Ridge has suspended visitation across all levels of living at our campuses as required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- All dining rooms at our communities are closed until further notice. Residents in personal care and skilled nursing will receive meals in their rooms with assistance as needed, and independent living residents will have the option to order meals. Delivery fees will be waived.
- We have canceled or redirected events at our communities that include external invitees.
- All community events, resident group activities, and trips off campus have been suspended.
- Additional screening procedures at the time of admission or move-in (for residents) or upon hire (for employees) are in place, including inquiries about international travel.
- Daily screening procedures are in place for all employees and the limited essential visitors coming to our campuses.
- If residents receive services from private duty or agency-based caregivers who are not on our preferred list of providers, we are asking them to check with their management to ensure that they are following the latest infection control guidelines.
- We have posted signage regarding prevention techniques, our visitation and group event changes, and actions to take if you feel ill around all of our communities.
- We are working to proactively increase supplies.
- We have added supplemental education and resources for associates.
We support these restrictions from multiple governmental agencies as they are clearly focused on minimizing the risk of exposure of coronavirus to the most vulnerable residents we serve. We also know this is a dramatic step that will require openness to change and understanding. We want to make sure you have options for communication, and we are working to support both you and your loved ones. If you have concerns or questions, please call Stacey Hawkins at 717-718-0993 for Skilled Nursing, or Amanda Woods at 717-718-2908 for Personal Care.
Lauren Dieter, Normandie Ridge Executive Director